- 18th Century Cooking
- Chef Rick’s Southern Cooking
- Collecting Old Cookbooks
- Culinary Historians of Atlanta
- Culinary Historians of Boston
- Culinary Historians of New York
- Culinary Historians of Washington, DC
- Culinary History Enthusiasts of Wisconsin
- Dew on the Kudzu
- Food History News
- Food Timeline
- Gherkins & Tomatoes
- History Bites
- Kitchen Retro
- Living 2 Eat
- NOLA Cuisine
- Old Time Cooking, 1940s-1950s
- Recipes from Old Newspapers
- Southern Foodways Alliance
- Southern Plate
Translate This Site
More Southern Food
February 27, 2009
HOME DINNER FOR WINTER.
Oysters on Half Shell.
Boiled Fish and Creamed Potatoes.
Fillet of Beef and Mushrooms. French Peas. Macaroni.
Lettuce Salad. Crackers and Cheese.
Cardinal Richelieu Pudding. Fruit. Coffee.
Serve Claret and Appolinaris.
–Mrs. Charles H. Gibson’s Maryland and Virginia Cook Book. Baltimore: John Murphy & Company, 1894.
- Mrs. Gibson’s Thanksgiving Dinner Menu This would have been a typical Thanksgiving menu for a...
- Antebellum Plantation Dinner Description of the menu for a typical pre-Civil War dinner...
- Christmas Dinner at Mount Vernon A description of a Christmas dinner from the late 1700s...
No Comments »
No comments yet.