- 18th Century Cooking
- Chef Rick’s Southern Cooking
- Collecting Old Cookbooks
- Culinary Historians of Atlanta
- Culinary Historians of Boston
- Culinary Historians of New York
- Culinary Historians of Washington, DC
- Culinary History Enthusiasts of Wisconsin
- Dew on the Kudzu
- Food History News
- Food Timeline
- Gherkins & Tomatoes
- History Bites
- Kitchen Retro
- Living 2 Eat
- NOLA Cuisine
- Old Time Cooking, 1940s-1950s
- Recipes from Old Newspapers
- Southern Foodways Alliance
- Southern Plate
Translate This Site
More Southern Food
October 22, 2009
Stew apples and strain them: whip the whites of 3 or 4 eggs: add to them pulverized sugar; to this slowly whisk in the apples. Eat with cake.
— Mrs. William S. Donnan, ,A Collection of Virginia Recipes. Richmond, VA: Whittet & Shepperson, 1891.
- Apple Sweet Pickles A recipe for sweet pickles made from apples, taken from...
- Harry Heth’s Apple Toddy A recipe for apple toddy made by Confederate general Harry...
- To make Apple-Fritters A recipe for apple fritters from the 1805 edition of...
- Tipsy Parson Pudding Tipsy Parson is an English dessert that was a staple...